I just got back from a week on holiday at Club Mykonos which was incredible! While we were there, I prepared a three-course meal for us which actually went really well. My aim for these dishes were to have dishes which were easy to prepare and not at all time-consuming (I was on holiday after all). After a lot of thought, the three dishes I thought of was sticky chicken wings for a starter, a lemon and prawn pasta for the main course and a gooseberry cheesecake for dessert.
The sticky chicken wings is probably one of the easiest starters you could possibly have. It is not fancy at all and makes a meal feel much more comfortable and not at all too formal- which is what I was going for. These wings were a hit and I will definitely be making them again in the near future.
1/2 cup soya sauce
2 cans (660ml) Coca-Cola
6 pieces of chicken (I used wings, but you can substitute)
1 tsbp lemon juice
- Ensure that the chicken is well thawed and not at all frozen.
- In a bowl, allow the chicken to marinade for 10-15 minutes in the soya sauce.
- On a medium heat, add the chicken and sauce along with the coke and the lemon to a pot.
- Allow it to come to a slow boil.
- Cook the chicken for about 45 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and serve. Garnish with fresh parsley.
This recipe is fantastic because it can cook in the background while you’re cooking something else or just relaxing watching tv.
Next week, I will be sharing my main meal; a delicious lemon and prawn pasta.