Yay! Finally I will be sharing with you guys one of my absolute favourtie recipes! This is SOOOOO simple to make and only takes a few minutes. I am the biggest lover of seafood and prawn happens to be one of my favourite, but feel free to switch the recipe up a bit and add mussels instead if you like.
*This recipe was just enough for 2 servings so multiply it as need be.
1 package of peeled and de-veined prawn meat (this should be more or less 1/2 kilo or 1 1/4 pounds)
1/2 package of linguine pasta
4 tbsp oil
3 tbsp salted butter
3 minced cloves of garlic
1 tsbp of freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 tsbp of chopped fresh basil (optional)
2 tsbp of chopped fresh parsley (garnish)
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta as per directions on the packaging. Different brands of pasta vary in their cooking time so be sure to make a note of it.
- Drain the pasta and toss 1 tbsp of oil through the pasta to prevent the pasta from sticking together
- In a deep pot on a medium high heat, heat the remaining 3 tbsp of oil and butter.
- Once the butter has melted, add the prawn meat and allow to cook for about 2-4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and lemon juice and cook for a further 2 minutes to allow the prawns to absorb the flavours and gain some great colour.
- Add the drained pasta and basil to the pot and toss together. Allow the pasta to become coated in the sauce.
- Garnish with the fresh parsley and serve.
If you want to make it a little bit more luxurious, you can add a sprinkle of parmesan cheese for some extra flavour.
Hope you enjoy!